did I do alright?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fblandscape, Sep 12, 2003.

1. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I did a lawn today and want to see how I did according to you guys. 3 - 3 1/4 hrs with a 48" walk behind with velke mowing. Double cut only 2 very small areas. 3 - 3 1/4 hrs trimming and blowing. Blew off a big driveway, a big tennis court which probably took about 1/2 an hour, and a pool deck. I charged $425. I did the job by myself.

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

sounds like u did pretty good. wow though, one mowing job, 6-7 hrs?

3. A1 Lawn@Landscapes

A1 Lawn@Landscapes LawnSite Member

Only you can decide if that was ok. I personally would be happy with what you made, around $70 a man hour. What kind of shape was the lawn in ? Regular customer ?

4. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

$475 yesterday 3 hour dethatch. aerate, slitseed 1/4 acre. worked my ars off though.

5. dannyc33

dannyc33 LawnSite Member
    from indy

That's great for a 48" walkbehind. I charge 60-65 an hour with my 60"Z, but when I only had my 48"wb I was glad to get $45.
    You're doing good.:blob1:

6. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

Bobby, its amazing what a brand new set of blades can do. When I first cut it, 2 weeks ago I was using some blades which were pretty much shot, however they were sharp. Had to cut pretty much the whole back yard 2 - 3 times. I also had to blow off this big field with my back pack blower. FYI, this week it took me 2 hrs to cut the back. 2 weeks ago it took me about 5 - 5 1/2 hrs just to cut the whole place.

7. j_loppy

j_loppy LawnSite Member

I think that is great! Wish I had some like that. I trimmed 54 big shrubs, hauled clippings to curb, edged 2 driveways and a walk, mowed and trimmed for 1.5 hrs. Took me 7 hours and only made 250.00 !!!