Did I get a good deal on a Mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jslawncare, Jan 19, 2005.

1. jslawncare

jslawncare LawnSite Member

Hi,
    I recently purchased a eXmark 48" Turf Tracer Hp with a 48" cutting deck, 17hp kawasaki engine, and about 700 hours of use on it. Its a 1998 model and I picked it up for $1100. It seems like it runs pretty well, all the fluids were just flushed out prior to me purchasing it for my convienence. He also used mobil 1 in the hydraulic system. The mower seems to need a hard tug to get started, but once it runs it seems to purr nicely. No blue smoke or anything. He is also including a couple other sets of blades with the mower. Finally, the mower cosmetically has some wear and tear but the rear tires are in new condition, and the front ones look pretty good. No real rust on the mower. He said it was used to mow an account where the zero turns couldnt be used, so he wouldnt tear up the grass. I'm doing a lot of small yards and some have fences, so this might pose an issue. But anyways, did I do alright on this mower?

Jason

2. jslawncare

I am also offered to buy a trailer for $350, is that reasonable?

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like a really good deal to me! Pretty low hours and a hydro with the 17 hp, great combo, plus a floating deck... what a steal! What the paint looks like should have no effect on how it runs, unless it was never stored inside or something...

How big is the trailer? wood floor, or expanded metal? straight tounge or a drop tounge?

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds exactly like the one Mark had for sale on here and I passed on it at that price and age and after sees pics of the condition (it looked VERY used to me). So my answer would be No it wasn't a good deal.

5. clc2003

clc2003 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ia

Sounds fair to me too. Can you post some pics? If the mower doesn't work out for you I might be interested. Let me know.

6. jslawncare

yeah, if your interested I can possibly keep you in mind. I would definatly be using it all of this season, but maybe after that I might sell it to upgrade. If your interested, I can keep you in mind.

Jason

Btw, if anybody is interested in this trailer, I can give some pictures. It has new floorboard, and needs like 2 welds on the gates. I think its 6.5X10, not sure on the 10' dimension, but its fairly large. The wheels are dark black and look sort of old, but it seems good (for one that big)

7. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

you've got to consider one thing.....even if at some point and time you had to replace the engine you did ok that mower would run around 5.000 new.and if you get a season or 2.......what the heck,you're ahead of the game :waving: