Did I get a good deal on my lazer z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Apr 10, 2004.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I paid $6995 for a new lazer z. It has a 23 hp kohler and 60" deck. Just the basic model. Dealer told me it list for much more but I don't know much about Exmarks pricing. This machine runs great and the 23 hp seems like plenty of power exept in the heaviest of grass. No cup holder, not foot assist deck. Was this a good price?

2. harley29710

harley29710 LawnSite Member

I checked into Exmark but decided on a 61" 27hp kohler Yazoo Kees. It has your cup holder and foot assist deck. got it for $ 6800 and the guy threw in a Murayama trimmer for another $100. (he sales it for $270) I feel like I got a pretty fair deal.

3. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 LawnSite Member

yeah you got a good deal, i got mine for 7,400. Its an extra $50 for the foot assist, good investment though, i would get it. GOOD LUCK!

4. harley29710

I bought it last Tuesday and I'm having fun and making money doing what I used to hate.

5. snowmizer

snowmizer LawnSite Member

just bought a 60" lazer 27hp kohler,foot assist,extra set of blades, 03' model for 7595.00. I would say you did pretty good.

6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I paid $6800 I believe for a 21kaw/48" lazer Z hp last year. So you got more mower for the money it sounds like. The only fly in the ointment was if you found the 23hp Kohler lacking with that much deck in heavy grass or if mulching. There does seem to be a premium on the higher hp units that is above and beyond the actual cost of the engines.

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I was a bit worried about the 23 hp and 60 inch deck but the only yards that have slowed the engine down are the ones that have been let go since last year and are over grown. On normal lawns it never slows down. I think your right about company's charging a premium for a few extra hp. I wanted a simple motor (no fuel injection or water cooled). I don't plan on keeping a mower long enough to wear it out so I dont need a diesel or water cooled. I guess that why they make so many combinations for so many different needs. If I had a larger budget I would have gotten a better motor but I only do this part time. Thanks for the input and would like to hear more.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Ouuuuuch!!! Stop it! That hurts! What a deal. A 61" Max2 would be a very nice complement to my Mini Max.... along with a bigger trailer to put them both on and a bigger truck to tow them with too of course.

Money, money and more money :p

Seriously though, keep in touch with me and keep me informed on how it's doing. By the way, did yours come with the wider smooth front tires or the narrower ones with tread? Last I heard they were still only putting them on the EFI. I think that's stupid bacause they put them on every one of the XP units (orange Max2's) they build for Husqvarna.

9. harley29710

It came with the wider, smooth tires. What part of N.C. are you in?

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Exmark has that new model out now, that is like a retro of the old Lazers. It has the smaller tanks, 25hp Kohler, older type narrower front casters and old style control panels. It's the original Lazer (has the Ultra-cut deck, though). This sells for around 6 grand. For a brand new unit, you just can't beat it.