Did I get a good deal on this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thinksnow, Nov 7, 2006.

1. thinksnow

thinksnow LawnSite Member

I just bought this mower for $4600. Its an 2005, the original owner bought it in 2006
    "Exmark Model LZ27KC524 Zero Turn Mower

ONLY 13 hours of gentle use

Features 27HP Kohler Engine and 52" cutting deck

As you would expect from an Exmark, it runs and cuts flawlessly

No shipping - local pick up only in Windsor, CT"

It also has the suspension seat
    Does anyone have an idea of what it would cost me to but on a larger deck if I decided to?

2. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say you stole it! That is a great deal. 13 hours is nothing, I put that on a mower in less than a week.

3. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

I would sat you got a real good deal too. How did you get it for that cheap?

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

That's 1 hell of a deal! 13 hours is nothing to that machine. With the suspension seat, that adds a few hundred to the machines value.

5. thinksnow

thinksnow LawnSite Member

It was for sale on ebay. The high bid was still kind of low so I kept an eye on it. It was in CT and he put a disclaimer on it that it was for sale locally and he reserved the right to end the aution if it sold locally. My brother lives about 15 minutes from this guy so I asked him to check it out. He said he wanted $5500 firm. So I figured I would watch the auction to see how high it climbed. With 5 min. left in the auction it was only at $4300. I waited until there was only about 45 seconds left and I entered a max bid of $5200. I was shocked when it came back that I one the auction for $4605. Im still shocked. He didn't put a reserve on it so I won it for $4605. Im in the process of running the serial # NCIC to make sure all is legit. I told the owner flat out that I am a police officer and if there is something shady going on that I would return with a CT trooper press charges. He assured me its all legit. I feel fortunate for coming accross it. I guess even a blind squirel finds a nut once in the while.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I never seem to have luck like that.

7. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

I cannot imagine a police officer taking advantage of a "nutty" Ebay'er with the lack of sense of selling a machine like that NEW Exmark without a reserve price. :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

But seriously, CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!! :usflag:

8. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

You need to go and turn yourself in to yourself because you just stole that exmark. How are you gonna be able to sleep at night knowing what you have done?J/K :cool2: I am ashamed of myself because I didn't know that it was on ebay. You got a great deal! you should be ecstatic about you purchase.

9. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

every now and then I run across good deals on ebay. I just bought a 16 hp Giant leaf loader electric start with the swing away hitch mount for $1100.00. Its about 3 years old max. Doesn't even LOOK that old.

10. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

everytime I run across a deal on ebay its on the other side of the country
    :cry: