Did I get a good deal or an okay deal...?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToroLandscaper, Apr 21, 2009.

1. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I purchased an 06 Turf Tracer 614 hours, Exmark ride on sulky, exmark mulching kit, and it is in good condition. The guy I bought it from had it advertised for 2,750 and I negotiated him down to 2,400. I know I didn't pay to much for the machine, but I am just beginning to wonder if the deal was okay or if it was a really good deal. By really good deal that would mean I could put some hours on the machine and re-sale it for what I paid for it, maybe even a little more. What are your guys opinion on the price?

As stated before the machine is in good condition, and is a tight machine.

2. TheC-Master

TheC-Master LawnSite Senior Member

What size? It doesn't seem too bad...

3. ToroLandscaper

Sorry, how could I forget the deck and engine size lol?

60" Deck with 20HP Kohler

4. ToroLandscaper

Come on guys!

Surely some of you all have an opinion!

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

How about some pictures?

6. what makes the difference, if your happy that's what matters. Unless you don't know whether your happy or not.

7. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I have no idea what the 60's go for new but the 36 is $5K. So yeah, you got a great deal. Velke itself is $200 used so you really paid $2200. Until the economy recovers you won't be able to sell it but once it does you should be able to sell it no problem.

8. TheC-Master

TheC-Master LawnSite Senior Member

So it is a TTHP, that sounds like a solid deal for me for that size, you said it is in good condition, so I feel that you did good for yourself. They definitely aren't cheap. Unless it is a belt driven, and I could have sworn they had a belt driven model at my shop for about half price.

9. ToroLandscaper

Mine is the big Turf Tracer and of course it is hydro, floating deck, with a 20 hp kohler.

10. ToroLandscaper

I am very pleased with my purchase, but I always try to look into the future with all of my business endeavors.