did i get air in my hydro system

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by grass disaster, May 12, 2008.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i have a everride warrior.

i was mowing up a very steep hill, the kind where the front tires come off of the ground. when i backed down it it felt like i lost hydro power. i drove it on flat ground for a little bit and it seemed kinda weird. i drove it on flat ground for about 30 feet back and forth and then it seemed fine.

could i have gottn air in the system some how? i bought it new at auction and it's got about 15 hours on it now. oil level seems fine

2. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I think its very possible, sometime to steep is to steep

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Check your dump valves..........

4. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

check the what? how?

not really sure what you mean.

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

On the side of your pump you will see a hex bolt sticking out with a hole in the side,itz hard for me to explain but itz quite simple,these need to be tight to hold the pressure in.

6. kooba

kooba LawnSite Member

Is that the same place you loosen the nut to manually move the mower? kooba.

7. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

yep same bolt,mine has got loose just mowing and you think the hydros are shot..........

8. kooba

kooba LawnSite Member

They are tough to loosen, tight spot. Used our warrior yesterday for about 4 hrs. Cut like a charm, but did build up with grass underneith. The graveyard was a little long and wet. I noticed that I was blowing out infront of the deck and just cleaned and worked fine. You can fly on this machine. I was bouncing off the seat and the cut was great. Kooba.