did i get ripped?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by contra, May 19, 2003.

1. contra

contra LawnSite Member

A month ago i bought a lesco 36" belt from my lesco dealership for $2349 plus a 2 year warranty. I just read in a post yesterday that you can buy a 48" lesco belt for $2200 anyday. Is this true? If so, what should i do?
  2. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

call the dealer and price a 48 ". then if they are selling it cheaper tell um you are unhappy and either want a credit or your business will go somewhere else. There is no way a 36 should be more than a 48. My real opinion is spend the extra a nd get a hydro. I am not sure what your finances are but you will kick yourself in the future when you finally do get a hydro. I am not sure if they will credit you anything but it is worth a shot.
  3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Where was the 48" purchased for that amount? Prices can vary from area to area. Supply and demand young man. Should have done your homework before you purchased.
  4. Like scrapper said you should shop first. For 150 I wouldn't spend too much time on it, you should earn that in a few hours.
  5. fireball

fireball LawnSite Member
    from ne Pa

Congratulations! you have been Lescozized
  6. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

you can get a 36" around here at lesco for 1800.00 last time i was there
  7. jbrink01

jbrink01 LawnSite Member

I agree with Scraper and Minney. I just did a similar thing - sold my 2000 Siverado for $1000 too little. Got a great deal on a 2003 GMC 2500 w/ duramax and was too anxiuos to sell the Chevy. Chalk it up to lessons learned and move on........
  8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

If those prices are correct for your area then you did get taken but we all do. In the future shop around more and talk with the dealers if the prices are going to change any time soon.