Did I just make a big mess??????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Long story short....

I tried out Millennium tall fescue last year. It is put out by Turf Merchants. Great stuff! COme time to overseed this year I settled on using the Turf Gem II blend that contains Millennium, Focus and Aztec II.

When I stopped by my supplier and pointed out what I wanted on my price sheet, I saw 2 listing for the Turf Gem II and of course I asked for the new one with the Millennium.

Well when I finish up seeding I always cut the tag off the bag and file it so I can reference what's been planted at each account. After finishing the last account, as I was cutting off the tag I looked and realized I just got through overseeding a Millenium lawn with a bag of the other Turf Gem II. This was the only bag out of the bunch that was the other stuff.

It contains Adventure II, Anthem II and Aztec II. Did I just make a big mess and combine 3 varieties that blend together and one that doesn't? I'm sort of comforted by the fact that the Aztec II was in the other blend with the Millennium. But I can't really be sure the Aztec II hasn't changed you know?

These 4th generation turf type tall fescues like Millennium and Focus have a really dark green genetic color compaired to others. I hope it doesn't turn out 2 different shades and look like crap.

If you are familiar with these varieties please reply.

2. Envy Lawn Service

:(

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I doubt even worst case senario that it will look all that bad being an overseeding. JMO.

4. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

I reckon that the over seed should be fine.
    It might look a little awkward before a few mowings but once it's settled and been cut a few times it should look pretty well blended.
    BTW.......I don't want to hassel you matey, but was just wondering when you were going shoot those "Baffle" pics my way?
    I really need that deck to mulch well this time of year down here.
    It's killing me having to blow every lawn arfter the cut.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I feel that it should be fine

6. Envy Lawn Service

pinnacle,

Check your e-mail. I have sent 2. One before and one today. Did you get them?

7. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Envy,
    Nup, they must be floating around somwhere. I don't know whats up with that?? cause I have recieved alot of Emails on that address over the last week. My server is running way over the user limit of late....so????????

Mate if you could post them here it would be appreciated.
    Thanks Matey!!

8. Envy Lawn Service

Oh OK, Give me a little time and I'll post a thread for you. I will have to figure out where I saved those pictures and get it all together for you again. But right now I'm about to fall out!!!
    :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
    I'll get it up within 24 hrs...