1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Did i just waste $5600??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DENALI, Oct 26, 2007.

DENALI LawnSite Member
    from kansas

I just bought a brand new Grazer 1897V with a 62" deck. It was still in the crate. Dealership that carries (carried)them had their lease pulled so is selling off everything at their cost to get moved out in time (walmart bought their property). (bought some stihl chainsaws etc as well) Anyhow this thing retails for some rediculous amount close to $9000 or so. Anyhow i was due for a new mower, tired of the old murray always crapping out on me (have a city block to mow). just looking for some info on this thing. Thanks :drinkup:
  2. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont know about that but what other good stuff your dealer has. I can I have his #?
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Your worst draw in this bet is likely warranty coverage, but the cost of the machine I think more than makes up for that, I paid 8500 for my 60" and I'd swap for yours in a ny minute.
  4. Dave Carney

Dave Carney LawnSite Member

Its a good machine, very fast, and the price is right. Parts and service if you need it may be a problem due to Ingersoll's chapter 11 and limited restart of some production by the aquiring company. Their parts were unreasonably expensive and slow to get even before the bankruptcy.

I don't know how they ever sold a single one at $9k though, there are much better machines at that price.
  5. Grassman6

Grassman6 LawnSite Member

I'd be interested to hear more about the chainsaw acquisition.
  6. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

do you have a lot of yards to mow with it or just that city block?

DENALI LawnSite Member
    from kansas

Just the city block. But lots of things to mow around on it, trees cars buildings landscape etc etc.