did i lose 2 jobs, or did i save the hassle of collecting $700 the hard way

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Oct 31, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

did 2 quotes this morning. leaf cleanup in very rough areas. i quoted them both at $350 each. both parties showed interest, but were obviously turned off by my request they sign an "authorization to proceed with service" form. more commonly known as a contract. one guy stated that he is paying cash, and doesn't see any need for the "authorization form." i said great, i'll take that now then. he just looked at me funny. i left both houses with a , "i'll call you back". i don't think i'll hear from them again. did i lose 2 jobs, or did i save the hassle of collecting on a couple of deadbeats?

2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

you saved them and yourself tons of paper work!

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i call it the "red flag". if you think you saw it... then your saved yourself not only the time and grief of trying to collect the money, but also the time of doing 2 big clean ups, when you could be doing something else..

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

BooBy

Sounds like you saved yourself another day court. Just check your local TV listing for "JUDGE JUDY". That way you won't have court room withdrawal.

5. Norm Al

[​IMG]

6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds more like you scared them away.

7. Norm Al

[​IMG]

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Scott

Great picture, but are you implying BooBy might be Flying by the sit on his pants. Or just a fly by night.

BTW those Phoenix canariensis (palm trees) in the back ground are worth more money than BooBy.

9. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

That is a sick jump on a 50. Where did you get that?

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Role of the dice there bg...guys says he's paying cash, great, you can pay me in advance then.