Did I lowball myself???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tm ent., Mar 28, 2006.

1. tm ent.

tm ent. LawnSite Member

I gave a bid today for a small lawn 10- 12000 sq. ft. no obstacles at all just mowing edging and trimming. I quoted a price of $45. The customer says wow you are way lower than the other 2 estimates I have. Should I have quoted a higher price seeing that there was a Lexus and a Cadillac in the drive way? It always makes me mad when I feel like I left money on the table.:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Next time ask what they paid last season.

3. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you satisfied with the income you will receive from this job? Are you losing money or making it. Had you NOT known you were the lowest, are you comfortable with your price? Someone has to be the lowest.

IF you are good with what you quote, why worry?

4. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Good quote.

5. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

If that is every week.

6. tm ent.

tm ent. LawnSite Member

Yes its every week. I couldn't ask what they paid last year because its a new house with new sod.

7. Neil M

Neil M LawnSite Member

$45.00 for that sounds good to me. Up here atleast my price would be about $30.00. But, I'm solo. I bid a job of 19,000sqft for $40.00 and the lady told me that she would keep me in mind but she recieved a lower quote (forgot to ask how much).

8. tm ent.

tm ent. LawnSite Member

I quoted one a week ago $55 for a little less than an acre. The lady said she would keep me in mind but she had a guy doing it last summer for $40 and she was trying to get it for that. I told her I couldn't beat that price. I still have not heard from her so I guess she found some one to do it for that or less.:confused:

9. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

That's more than I would get...$30-35 in my area, and that's on the higher end of the pricing scale, too.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

When you get into a situation like this you need to hit the area hard with handouts.