Did I make the right choice.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, Apr 26, 2005.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am wondering if I made the right decision. I just purchased a mower sulky from www.mowersulky.com the 2 wheel. I got it for $209.98 after shipping. Is a mower sulky a good one?? I got the scratch and dent because I could save the $80 for something else. Thanks, Chris

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I have the same one. No real problems so far except the caps over each caster didn't stay on.

I don't use it much though, most of my lawns are too small. But it works fine when I do use it. I'd still much rather have a Stander or Quick Trak mower though! LOL! My lawns are just a bit too small and compact for a walk behind w/sulky.

3. lawncare3

Pretty much same here. But I have 2 lawns that are 7ksf and the biggest is 8ksf... but it's ungated with no obsticles. I am looking at a 1/2 acre bid. It will help if I get that one.

The rest are around 2-5ksf.

4. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, someone made a big purcahase of a truck and some other equipment. How do you like the Dodge. And about the Sulky, I have sene thos eMower Sulky things and they seem good, I have a Pro-One dual wheel suly and I lov i and they look pretty close so you should be good.

5. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

What do they mean by scratch and dent. Is it just a liitle beat up or is it a P.O.S.. I would like to purchase one but am sceptical. Let us know how it turns out.

6. lawncare3

It just is a return to the factory that someone didn't want. I will let u know as soon as I recieve the unit. But I wouldn't care if it didn't have paint still $80 saved.

7. lawncare3

The dodge is GREAT Couldn't be happier. A little slow when towing a 5 ton dump trailer but other then that it's been great...

Ps dad works for dodge get a new one and I can get it for u 1% below invoice. :) :waving:

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Just cosmetic stuff, scratches, scrapes. No big deal, it's gonna get scratched in no time anyway.
    I got mine at my local dealer for $200 with some scratches.

9. ChadA

I see. I'm going to order one today. For that price. Who cares about a few scratches. Thanks for the info.

10. ChadA

I bought a sulky from them last night. Payed for it, money was deducted from my account and today I get an email from them saying sorry we don't ship to FL. What the hell is that about.