Did I quote a price too high?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by EagleLandscape, Mar 15, 2004.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

One customer was "outraged" at my price, and I even went down to a $45.00 an hour install time so i could "be sure" and get this bid.

See attachment for bid...

I might say Phase 1 could have been a little steep, but there is alot of asian jasmine to dig through / trim down and alot of bed prep

mchale.jpg

2. EagleLandscape

phase 2...
    has a huge mounc of dirt / sod that needs to be taken out and leveled (about 2 yards). And all St. Augustine grass sprayed, tilled, and removed and then bed prep.

mchale2.jpg

3. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Just a quick glance but it looks low to me...dont worry if you didnt get it...move on

4. jwholden

jwholden LawnSite Member
    from CT

It annoys me when people try to take advantage of me. I like to see what happens with jobs like this. Often the job is either done poorly or not at all. You're never going to win them all and soon you'll realize you don't want to.

5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Looks pretty low for me also, i would increase the price of your plants for future refference. Thats where your main profit comes in.

6. DBLC

DBLC LawnSite Member
    from AR

EXTEMELY LOW!!! Just on the Begonias you are 18 cheaper than I would have bid. Charge what you have too to make your profit and if you don't get the job MOVE ON!!! You can't loose money and make it! Hope this helps!!!

7. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Personally I think you are extremely low.

8. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

Looks a lil' low to me also, don't worry about it if you didn't get it. But be sure to tell the customer that your prices are non-negotiable and if they still desire your service to give you a call.

Chris

9. EagleLandscape

Ok, Thanks guys. For Phase 1 I had originally planned on 750.00 for the install. But I decided to cut it way down to guaruntee that job. But I'm glad I didnt get it, would have been a waste of time.

10. terracare

terracare LawnSite Senior Member

are both of these a full day's work?

geez

Todd