Did I stain his concrete?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rayholio, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

we sprayed Daconil weather stik on a lawn. The customer is spitting mad... "We've been scubbing the sidewalk and the side of the house for an hour and a half, and can't get it off!"

The chemical leaves a thin white wash over areas where it touches, he noticed it on his stained, and sealed walkway, vinyl fence, and even on some of the brick around the house.

I need some advice on what I can use to remove this stuff.. anyone have any experience with this? The color is barely noticible, but he's VERY picky.

I'm going to go see him in the morning..

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

it will go away on its own in a couple weeks. I had a customer upset about about some yellow stains from pre-m on white siding! I used mineral spirits and it came right off. I had another customer complain about yellow stains on the edges of the sidewalk and drive. its hard to get out of concrete but the sun will bleach it out in a few weeks.
    Now I use granular and don't have to worry about staining!

3. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Take heed. Daconil is no longer labeled for residential turf.

We had a similar situation a few years ago. The guy who did the spraying ended up using a pressure washer to clean some new masonry. His client was so upset the State got involved & we were cited for selling him a contact fungicide.

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Answer: Yep, you sure did.

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Oxalic acid will take stains out of concrete and painted surfaces without etching it. It cleans aluminum siding like it was new.

MIX it 1 to 1 with Water. You don't have to rinse it off. Will not Hurt Plants.

Brand names are Rust Erase ( Lesco) Stain Remove (Home Cheapo)

6. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

well... the customer seems a little more calm today... I told him that I would take care of it monday, and he said he wanted to try some of this oxalic acid himself 1st... so I guess we'll see what happens..