1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Did it hold?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by londonrain, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Received a call over the weekend on "I think I have a leak"...

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

It probably only leaked a little. :)
  3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Why didn't you just put more glue around the joints? That's what I would've done!!;)
  4. Only a 1/4" in...:nono:

5. PurpHaze

Hell... Just fill the gap with plumber's putty and then run a silicone bead around the whole thing.
  6. I'm moving to SC....
  7. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

London, looks like that guy needed the pipe stretcher. Should have one in the tool box right next to the water hammer.
  8. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

A while back a lady have a T that has a crack in it. Some previously tryed to fit it by wrapping electrical tape around a hose clamp and the put eh hose clamp arount the T where the crack was.
  9. PurpHaze

I had a 3" main line develop three closely spaced pinhole leaks in it. I tried to get a mechanical repair band but all of the local plumbing houses were out of them. I dreaded the thought of digging the main line up and using Dresser couplings to cut in a new section of line becasue the ground was so hard from vehicular traffic. I took a PVC glue saddle and glued its opening directly over the pinholes. I banded the saddle to the pipe with hose clamps to keep it from moving during setup time. Took a short piece of pipe glued it into the tee and then glued a cap onto it. That repair job has lasted over ten years now. :)
  10. Better than the PVC crap, i mean PVC wrap they sell..