did it rain on 10-01-07

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Dec 16, 2007.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i have a home builder that doesn't seem to want to pay their last cut. it's only like $35. they must not trust me.

i usually cut it on mondays which would have been 10-01-07. i have it written down that i cut it on 10-02-07. they called and canceled on 10-2-07 due to home being sold. if i remember correct i said "oh great cause i just cut it and it will look good for the new owners."

they wrote on the invoice "we canceled service on 10-02-07" so they must think i can read minds or something. because i'm pretty sure i cut it in the morning, and they called in the afternoon.

where can i find out what the weather was on 10-01-02? is there a web site for something like this?

2. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Use quickbooks or some kind of business software and it will eliminate this problem. Hang on you 'll get there. Now go get your money! They should of let you know 24 hours earlier at least.

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

4. dKoester

Thank you meteorologist Jason Rose. Ha just kidding.

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

lol. This business is a lot like being a farmer, we are so dependant on the weather!

6. dKoester

We finally got a lot of rain last night. 1.75 inches. I got this weather bug on my computer and last night I was like look at all the pretty colors.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You likely might want to read through before jumping to conclusions...

But in collections for most cases "on or about" is close enough, that is if you can not remember the exact day this is usually the least of your worries, BUT!

You have to know if you cut it before they canceled, doesn't matter much whether you cut it on the first or the 4th in that sense, but it does matter if they canceled before or after. Now you require 24 hours notice and it was right there then tough luck but you have to be sure you cut it at least within that 24 hour timeframe, I mean I don't know man, that's your baby.

Beyond that it just doesn't matter, you say you cut it on the first or the second isn't that big of a deal, for purposes of collections I always use the terms "on or about the 1st" (for this example). The issue at stake here is not whether you cut it when, the issue here is DID they cancel on time or not? And if they didn't then we're just playing games, so that part is not important if they owe the money fair and square we're not getting out of this on technicality bs is what I'm saying.

Now I'd look up the weather anyhow, and if you're not sure I'd let it go, but I thought I'd mention this.