1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Did my first application for a customer today.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bigw, Mar 26, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Well i did my first application for a customer today {pre emergence} 15-0-4 with a rotary spreader on a 42000 ft lawn so that was exciting :weightlifter: I also signed up 2 accounts for a yearly program so im excited....I know so what right!! Hey im new and excited!!
  2. pinto n mwr

pinto n mwr LawnSite Senior Member
    from gr8, mn

nothing like bustin out on an acre first job out, probably need some ice huh!
  3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Wow, you are legal to apply in PA already? In NY, getting certified is the first step.... next is to pay another $450 to become a registered pesticide company with the state DEC. I am still waiting for my registration number.... and the pesticide signs that have to go on my truck and trailer. I can't transport pesticides without that.

I'm starting to sweat my preM app out a little.... my soil temp was 51.2 today. I need to get it down soon. Freakin govt red tape is drivin me nuts. Once I get the reg #, only then can I get the customer contracts signed that I have to have to be legal. THEN, I can apply! :mad:
  4. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Had my reg# 2 weeks after taking the test and their is no fee besides 35$ a tear for the business license. Yep im legal and looking for work lol.
  5. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

hope you priced it to make some money, good luck:)