did my highest day solo ever.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Jun 17, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i busted my rearend and grossed 600 today. not too shabby for 7 1/2 hours huh? whats your best days gross? solo only please. thanks.

randy.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

congrats and good for you randy...i won't say our highest gross in one day :laugh:

3. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

a milion zillion.:laugh:

4. F.S Lawn Care

F.S Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Gross doesn't mean anything to me. I have grossed $1905 in one day(record for me I guess) I ended up netting 1400 or so.

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Cmon, Rod...Spill it!! :usflag:

For me, I've had a few days this season over $520. Several more in the $470 and above range.

6. siklid1066

siklid1066 LawnSite Member

What did you do?Is that net or gross?I have done installs and charged over a grand,does not mean I made a grand by a far.But good for you.

7. KevinACrider

KevinACrider LawnSite Member

Yea, I've netted over $1000 already in 1 day but it was doing hardscapes and tree removals. No where close to that doing mowing.

8. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

I've done 800-900 on a long day. It's easy to do 1k with a helper.

9. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

The most i made in one day was $2,300 in 9.5 hrs, but i have a new question what the most amout of houses you have done in one 8hr day as a solo op?????

10. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

When I was solo my monday was a 9-10hr. day which grossed $950 in mowing. Tight route and small commercial on the high end. The rest of the week was usually 5-600 a day. This was 10 years ago when a guy could make a good living by himself. Kinda makes we wish I was solo sometimes, but it sure is hard. My hats off to all you solo guys.