Did Organicare goout of business?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by hobbsd, Dec 19, 2007.

1. hobbsd

hobbsd LawnSite Senior Member
    from west wi

Did Oragnicare and all their franchises go out of business? All their websites and phone numbers don't work.

Just curious.

2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't know who they are, a franchise of some kind?

3. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

Yes. I'm curious, too.

4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

hobbsd,

I have never heard of that franchise either.
    I am curious however that if you are an actual landscaper/lawn care professional at the present time?

The way I see it is that franchises serve as a covering for your business and that gives comfort and confidence. Working under a franchise however - means that there is a 'system' that rakes in x dollars per month - one size fits all. It is the only way a franchise can survive.

Do you have customers that may be interested in a more natural approach? Believe it or not the people that do not want to spend a lot of money on their lawn get the organic approach.

Weed control is so minimal that I weed by hand as I pick up sticks.
    The grass is as green as any in the area except for one section down by the water that I can't get the color I'd like.

It would be great if there was a discussion here in 'organic lawn care', about the real life business of organic lawn care :)

5. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Organicare is one of Todd Harrington's companys. He's also a partner in Sustainable Solutions (an organic version of lesco). He's buddies with the organic guy from TV, his name slips my memory right now but he has a book also. I don't think they went out of business the main site is working. Franchises are for people that are good at what they do, not at business. The franchise takes care of, or at least helps with, the business part.

6. ICT Bill

OOOH that organicare
    Todd changed his name to safelawns
    It is a franchise

7. Prolawnservice

I just remembered, Paul Tukey (tv and book guy) I think, safelawns is Paul's company I think.

8. ICT Bill

the dot org side is a non profit, they actually call it a "forth sector" company, a for profit company with non profit goals

the dot com side is the safelawns franchise and Todds old company, Paul Tukey is on the board.

I think its called sustainable growth

9. Prolawnservice

I know this is off topic but why become a forth sector, what advantages are there to that?

10. Prolawnservice

I know they were or may be having some problems with sustainable growth, last I heard, but that's separate from organicare.