Did SMS Assist lose the Walgreen contract for the 2013 season?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TMlawncare, Mar 3, 2013.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

never heard of them

2. WellDone

WellDone LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Support Services of America is also a Management Company that was heading up Walgreens. I have been told that U.S. Lawns did acquire the Contract. Watch the Walgreens that you lost. They may start going downhill.

3. SwatDawg15

SwatDawg15 LawnSite Member

They took bids from a bunch of LCO's around here. As you know its tons of admin work just to present the bid to them. I won the bid for 4 Family dollar stores in two parishes. They would not allow me to start services for whatever reason. The grass got so bad, that one location needed bush hogged just to get the grass down to where a ZTR could handle it. The City's began cutting them and fining the stores.

They gave me a new Account rep every week it seemed and I never got anywhere with them. This went on other places as well. Just a ton of wasted time for nothing.

4. casey humphrey

casey humphrey LawnSite Member

Are they going to give the current contractor first dibs on the current store locations? I just hope we get paid from the snow contracts and I dont get screwd out of like 18k.Thats a down payment for my house whoop whoop.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

They're paying, I've received at least one paid invoice from them.

6. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

so far sms has lost the summer contracts; dynaserv out of florida got the mowing bids for 2013. I was contacted & given this year's price (to accept or not accept) for about 1400 LESS than sms paid for last summer's work. Grrrr

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Usm got the contract for the Walgreen stores here and I thought the entire chain. Pita to deal with, I just hope Walgreens fires them like Walmart did.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I would just fire walmart, who would want to cut grass for a place like that?

9. Throgmorton

Throgmorton LawnSite Member

I used to have a local Walgreens then my US Lawn competitor got it. Mowing it for about 60% of what I used to charge. I am friend with the guy.

10. Amercoin

Amercoin LawnSite Member

SMS cut pay this year on Dollar stores. Problem is thay never told me.