did something preety cool the other day!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Jan 24, 2002.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: this past march i had purchsed a new CAT skid steer, loved it so much a few of my friends checked it out and also purchased them, in toll 5 skids were sold just from my friends checking out my machine. well to thank us for the purchases the dealer which is Foley Inc. in new jersey flew us down in the company private jet to the factory in North Carolina, expense paid we felt like rock stars, we get to the airport with a limo waiting (even had the red carpet out), lunch and dinner and a awesome tour of the skid factory. I took a great appreciation away from the trip on how this company works, the factory floor was spotless and the skid are assembled by hand. After the tour we spent 2 hours with new equiptment that has'nt hit the market yet and then we were asked our opions of likes and dislikes. Cat will be lauching a track unit similar to the bobcat T220, they had the Bobcat there and i must say the Cat blew it's doors off, much easier to handle and has a much stronger lift. Just thought you guys would think that was cool Kuddo's to Cat. TONY

2. E-man

E-man LawnSite Member
    from PA

now thats customer appreciation.

3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

General Grounds,

By any chance, was the guy who dropped off the demo named Mike M.?? Mike works directly for CAT and is in charge of their skid steer line in a large area of South Jersey - If so, he's one of my clients and a really cool dude. I got him in at our local rental place, so for now, I rent the machine as needed. Hopefully purchase one in 2003!

Bob

4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

thats sounds really cool! did u take pictures?

5. General Grounds

:blob3: Bob, i believe there is a mike i dealt with with a demo of a grapple bucket, he was a really good guy, but my salesman is Tom Alfano who equally great. Sorry guys had the digital camera all ready but no cameras in the assembly plant. i can say that it was the coolest thing i've ever seen, even the people assembling the machine were very nice, it was cool just interacting with the person who built my skid. feel free to ask questions love to talk about it. Tony

6. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds really cool...congrats on your trip...I did the same for hustler but got no tours ...not even a bus ride:rolleyes: ...i was one of the first 3 people in my area to get a shortcut 1500. I demoed mine more than my dealer probably demoed his :D ..At the time I was proud of this machine. Guys would stop and watch and then ask me how I liked it. I would let them take it for a spin even. Several people have got them in my area now cause of me..of coarse my little mower aint as much as your CATok ok ok enough gloating....I have heard those are better than the bobcats..:blob3:

7. General Grounds

:blob3: cajun, owned a bobcat for 6 years and this machine is way better. T

8. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

How's that for Southern hospitality ! What part of NC did you visit? Glad you liked it, Y'all come back now Ya hear...

9. General Grounds

:blob3: we visited 2 plants the first was outside of raliegh, and the skid factory was in sanford.T

10. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

You do realize that there is no physical way in hell that a tracked machine could be the same as a Bobcat 220. I think you meant to say "T200" Kudos on the trip!:D