Did the instant email notification change?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by PLM-1, Jul 13, 2005.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Starting today i believe, when i get an instant email notification it doesn't have what was posted! That's annoying! lol Is it going to change back to the old way?

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yes, it was changed today.
    No it will not be changing back to the old way.

3. PLM-1

That sucks! Oh well...I guess I'll live!

4. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

I imagine thsi was done to close a loop that more annoying members often used to send messages to people. You could psot a reply toa message and then edit it immediately.

The uneditied version was sent out and the editied one shows up on the boards.

This is a band-aid fix at best to control out of control members.

5. 1MajorTom

Thank you Jeff for that insight.
    However, you would be wrong. I simply couldn't understand why this was set up this way because basically the way this was set up, the member didn't even have to visit the site to see the post.
    Of course Lawnsite wants the members to keep checking in, with the post included in the email, they wouldn't have to do that.

6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

If anyone responded to an email instead of posting on the site it would never be seen by anyone but me since the notification email is coming from my address....so, as Jodi said, that was not why the change was made.

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Ok, then why was it made, or is that a trade secret? :)

8. 1MajorTom

The change was made simply so members will keep checking back in on their favorite threads to find out what the new post said.

9. PLM-1

In all honesty, I'm LESS likely to check back because I don't want to wait for the window to open to see what was said. The new way isn't anymore likely to get someone to post a new comment IMO or to check back. Is this true?...or am I just whiny?

10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I agree 100%. I just will not bother to bring up the web to read only one reply.