did u ever just not feel like it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Sep 28, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

did u ever just blow off work? did u ever wake up one day and say today, im not gonna work? everybody needs a mental health day, and today was mine. i just didnt have it today. went out, started cutting, did 2 lawns and turned to chico and said, "amigo, we are done for the day, u dont mind, do u?" he just shook his head to say no, he didnt mind, he is good like that, never talks, at all, not even sure if he knows how, and thats fine by me, i get some peace and quiet time. did u ever just "blow it off?" i know its not the right thing to do, but about 2 days each year, it happens.

2. Leone LawnCare

Leone LawnCare LawnSite Member

dude i blow off alot of days hhhmmmm its sprinkling guess i canat work

3. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Yep! I know the feeling :D

4. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Oh yea! I've done that a couple of times this year. I usually call up my customers that expect me on that day and tell them something like, "I'll be by tomorrow. Sorry but the truck/mower is having problems that have to be taken care of today", or "Sorry, but my little girl is sick. I just had to go get her from school and have to stay with her today since there's no one else who can take care of her in such short notice". Works like a charm.

5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I do it more often than I should. Usually it's an equipment problem or some sort of personal day for me. I just leave a message on the voicemail that I'm not working today...

Some days, I will get out there working and I just can't go on. I'm dragging butt and I can't concentrate, etc. It's better to blow those days off and re-group for tomorrow than try to work through it and ruin your mood for the next day too.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

YES!

7. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this every now and then. When I take a day off I do feel guilty, but the next day I'm more motivated and seem to work twice as hard.

8. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

yep I do it occasionally..and yep i feel guilty about it...but then I remind myself of the 60 to 70 hour work weeks that many of us put in. Man this year we have had to be chasing our tales most every week because the grass has been out of control for most of the year.....I can't wait for the colder air to move in this week and slow down the freakin grass....anybody else about worn out this year?? I'm pooped....can't wait for a few days off in a row...maybe next week.ahhhh...slower growth, cool temps, and the leaves not even close to dropping. I feel like I could sleep for about 3 straight days...lol

9. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I got a full time job plus 9 regular accounts and a few occaisional cuts and other services..... usually I feel like blowing off the full time job........ but there are days where I figure...... "screw cuttin today, it's raining (again) I'll catch up tomorrow"

I think everybody needs time away from any job to clear the mind.

10. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

The only time I might do it is when I only have trimming jobs, spreading mulch, clean-ups, etc. I won't do it on lawn cutting days. I do not like to be behind schedule.