Did weed and feed burn lawn

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bbpropmaint, May 15, 2007.

1. bbpropmaint

bbpropmaint LawnSite Member

Im in NY,and i am licensed.. it has been extrememly dry here and hot, temp some days in the mid 80s. i applied a weed and feed product containing 24d about three weeks ago and no rain yet.i applied product @ recommended rate,...... but like i said heat, no rain and product on the lawn and its starting to brown up pretty good, especially along edges of driveway..did i harm this lawn..what should i do????Is this happening to everyone????thanks guys i wish i had a local mentor, but lawn sites been very helpfull...

2. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

are you sure it's not annual bluegrass getting cooked from the heat? I don't think you did anything wrong.

3. bbpropmaint

it may be annual bluegrass but could the lawn suffer if it doesent rain soon???and the temp just keep increasing witht is product on the lawn..the lawn is not thick to start with

4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

More than likely some drought stress. We are seeing it down here on lawns that dont have irrigation on yet. Pretty unbelievable to be talking drought stress in mid May

5. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

typically a weed control or even fertilizer, if it is gonna burn, you will notice within 24-48 hours following application.

6. bbpropmaint

my concern is increasing temps with no rain with product down..

7. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

its getting very dry here too! but temps are supposed to drop tonight. I would ask the customer to water in the application.

8. bbpropmaint

what if watering in is not an option???thanks guys i just am exttremly nervous on this one..tough customer as it is...

9. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

What do the nearby lawns look like? Are they stressed to?

10. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Your only option IS to WATER.