Did You Actual Do Any Direct Mailing?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Al Jackson, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Al Jackson

Al Jackson LawnSite Member

Can I get some feed back from you guys who actually did some direct mailing? I would like to know your response rate. How many pieces did you send out and how many people responded? :drinkup:

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I believe flyers will produce better. Hard to spot target with mail.
    Search on "JUSTMOWIT" posts. I believe he does a lot of it.
  3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had good luck with direct mail. The only downside is the amount of money it takes, and the amount of mailings you have to send out to have success. Percentage wise I would say that flyers are better, but time wise I'd rather send out postcards and be doing landscaping instead of walking around passing out flyers. Last year I spent right at 10k. This year it will probably be more.
  4. thill

thill LawnSite Member

We use post cards and get about 2% inquiries. When you read statistics on direct mailing, 2% is a rather good average.

Add up the cost to produce the cards, address them, & mail them. If you land 25% of your inquiries..... do the math.

It is fairly expensive but the return can add to your volume. If you know your costs and price properly, you can also add to your bottom line.

Good luck