Did you do a Search?????????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PaulJ, Feb 27, 2002.

1. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Did a search tonight and guess what I found and had to sift through.

A whole bunch of posts saying something like " Don't ask that go do a search first" then "yea what he said".
    There was one whole thread that was nothing but how stupid they thought the guy was for asking a question without doing a search. I hav'nt seen his name on lawnsite since. Wonder why?

Search reminders are OK but way over done. I just thought we could do a better job of helping eachother.

Just a thought

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Did you do a search before making this thread? I think it was done a few months ago....;) :cry:

3. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

:D LOL! :D

4. PaulJ

You made my point. It needed to be restated, I felt.

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I was joking and agreeing with you..

6. PaulJ

Sorry I took It wrong.

7. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Dont worry its only the Search Police doing their duty,but your right it is certainally rude to a new visitor to tell them to search first,they come here to interact,not visit a library.

ccar1_a.gif

8. TGMC

TGMC LawnSite Member

That's the first thing I was told to do when I did my first post. I guess I'm just a little hard headed.... And I learned a lot from that search! I didn't realize that a search was available. I was just so excited when i found the site I wanted to jump in and get advise! There's a lot of great info here!

Thanks guys/gals...

Ray

9. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree the search is a good tool, BUT sometimes, someone may not have posted on the subject(new member,etc.) and they might have some new info on your question.

10. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

There's nothing wrong with a person telling someone to search first, it just needs to be done in a little more of a friendly fashion sometimes. Coming to a new site may be a little overwhelming and you don't pick up on everything at once. Staring at this site for over a period of time makes knowing how to use it a breeze. It's not that way for newbies.

Besides, seems like most of the people that spout off telling someone to search doesn't even contribute anything worthwhile themselves except " do a search first", or it's just a smarta$$ rebuttal to someone elses opinion (guilty of that one myself). Must make them feel good to get more posts added to their totals. Maybe they should go through their archives someday when they're bored and see how worthless their comments are. :p