Did You Ever Notice..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOturkey, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

they are everywhere and i don't see the trend reversing anytime soon. that is why you have to sell service and quality above price. once you learn to successfully promote your business this way, you won't have to worry about lacking for work.

2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

exactly what he said. i just love it when someone approaches me and brags about my work. makes my chest swell with pride, especially when they want me to replace their current lawnboy at a higher price. nothing beats that.:)

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

its not a small lawn... i dont know the exact sq ft of it but it took me about an 45 mins. to trim, mow , blow and all that good stuff. and this kid is doing it with a small mower... maybe a 32" or 36" didnt get a good enough look. We were using a 48" & our 52" . and thats not gouging anyone. thats less than what anyone else would charge. alot less.

4. lawnwizards

Well, is it small or not?:laugh:

5. Raven386

from CT

eh i wrote that half asleep. leave me be! lol . its good size. like i said it took 45 mins. so yea. sorry bout that.

6. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Top work and service you are right but there are new kids on the block here teenage girls and boys running exmark and scag walk behinds man they are putting a hurt on me they make me look bad,i say 18 and up on age grab it and go type's makes me hustle a little more.

7. lawnwizards

i'd say 45 minutes with a 52" mower is not a small yard. i agree that you can't make any money charging 15 bucks and you weren't gouging the customer as previously stated by another member by charging 45 bucks.

8. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

You are full of SH*t.:waving:

I challenge you $1000.

I am part of a lco in Wilmington, is this by you???

If so, are you up to the challenge???

It's one thing to stretch the truth but it's another to bs about what you get on every postage stamp 450 sq. foot lot.

I was born at night not last night and I know what a 450 sq ft lot in Wilmington will bring.

kc

9. Raven386

from CT

we had the 48 & 52 going. that included the tons of trimming that hasnt been done all summer. and me running away from a huge spider in a tree that i almost walked right into... i let the mower go and ran like a little girl. i hate spiders. but thank you. id say normally that lawn would prob take 30 mins or so.. but it all depends on your area...

10. lawnwizards

i have to agree with kc on this one. 40 bucks for a 22.5 by 20 yard. thats a little hard to believe unless its on the side of a mountain then i can see it.