Did You Ever Notice..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOturkey, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

This summer there has been far more LCO's than any summer in the recent past here.

Even in the landscaping, there is Mike's Joe's and Harry's landscaping, and then their unlces, grandma's and toddler's landscaping.

It makes me wonder.

Its a good thing I am using my money to get into real estate investing as well as build the lawn/landscape business.

Tim

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I noticed this starting to happen about 20 years ago... I've seen literally hundreds of them come and go - just around here.:walking:

3. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

seems that every guy with a pickup is out doing it. i've seen honda civic's pulling mower trailers and subaru's.

4. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Haha... the canadian dollar is close to 90 cent us. Not so far. Could be at par soon.

What's so bad about making good money? Every service I give to management companies pays 5 to 10 times the money I make cutting lawns. There's the odd exception, but all in all, grass cutting for us is a way to stay in front of the managers.

Am I missing something here lawnwizard?:dizzy:

5. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

It doesn't matter what industry you are in there are always bottom dwellers. I personally do not target people who just want their lawn cut I leave those to the small timers, I look take on accounts that want a the most beautiful property in their neighborhood. There aren't a lot of people that can keep a lawn & beds looking good in 110 degree heat, that gives us the ability to charge a premium. We have acounts starting at $42 per cut all the way to $1200 & I have yet to lose an account due to pricing issues.

6. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

:laugh: We don't worry about newbies or lowballers because they don't tend to stay around too long for some strange reason.

7. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

I have seen a new truck at least every third week, and sometimes every week all summer long in this town of 3,000. Sad thing is, they are all competing for $15 - $20 cuts. I'm beginning to think that not just everybody and their brother - but Mom and Dad, maybe their cousins and their aunts and uncles as well! Some of these people must have somebody cutting their lawns so there will be enough to go around.