did you guys here about the crane calapse in NY?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by kreft, Mar 15, 2008.

1. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

what are your thoughts on this

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Since you posted no link, I have no idea what you're talking about. I do know that I have no desire to run crane, they're seriously freaky. I spent all day Thursday in various cranes, I really don't want to make that a fulltime gig, but I can run crane if need be.

3. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

where in ny i didnt hear anything???

4. mrsops

now i know what your taking about that is horrible and i was in nyc last night

5. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

Yea my sister is in NY wright now sight seeing and club hopping and she said she didn't hear anything but the city was talking like crazy. Everyone thought it was 9/11 again. Luckily she is okay and was about 5 streets away from where it happened. I pray for those who lost their lives and their families.

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That rotten company had like 13 citations already and the tower crane sliced right through a low rise building.

7. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

Scag 48- watch the news

8. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

They said those 13 citations are a normal amount for a size job like that one. They also said those citations could be anything like very small issues. They also just inspected the crane the day before and said all was good and it was in perfected running order. Those inspectors better hope they don't find a issue with the crane that could have been found the day before.

9. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

10. mrsops

club hopping in the city could get real crazy