Did you have a bad day?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eddie B, May 7, 2005.

1. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I did. My truck was parked out of sight while doing a lawn, I went back to load the mower and the truck was gone. Truck, trailer, trimmers, 2 21's and my 36" bobcat were gone. What a day!

2. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully they will find the the truck and trailer around the area you were cutting. They were probably after the equipment and swithed it over to another truck parked near by. That kind of thing was going on here last year so I started taking the keys out of the truck. Never did before.

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

was it all insured?

4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Me too. I dont leave the keys in the truck, never did though. Just the thought of not being able to see your truck, and having the keys inside it dosent make sense.
    The only time I leave the keys in-I have a couple places that have very long drives off the road, where no one comes anyway.

5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

He diden't say he left his keys in the truck.I lock down all equipment that I can't see.

6. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Not much you can do when they take the whole truck and trailer though.

Geez, and I though I had it bad when all my 2 cycle stuff went missing... 2 weeks in a row.

7. Eddie B

from gone

Its insured. I was kinda surprised at the amount of police that responded. They still didn't find the truck. Trimmers were locked to the rack, nothing else was locked. Looks like Monday I may be shopping for some new stuff.

8. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

BUMMER. MAJOR BUMMER. Even with insurance it is a big loss in TIME & ENERGY for YOU. Plus the deductible & co-insurance. Hopefully the police will catch the bums.

Mike

9. Eddie B

from gone

Police department decides to call me at 4 in the freakin morning and they found my truck/trailer. I get to pick it up in a few hours. and pay a nice little towing fee. I hope the truck is ok. Equipment is gone. as expected.

10. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Let us know how everything turns out when you pick it up. Glad they found it.