1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Did you miss that little spot under that little bush way over there?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A1 Grass, Nov 21, 2003.

1. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I'm VENTING: Aaaarrrgghhh :dizzy:

Did you miss that little spot under that little bush way over there? Oh, let me show you a few things - Are you going to remove these two blades of grass growing underneath the lines behind my air conditioner? You are going to check all of these cracks, right? That was included in Pedro's (the last guy) price. What about all this dog hair? Can you make sure and get the dog hair from behind the dog house? You might have to scoot it out a little. Oh yeah, I have a few little plants sprouting around the lawn - I want you to leave those - I built little wire covers for them - but be sure to weed-eat real close to them. You can get closer than that, right? Is that a weed? You will blow off the front porch too, right? Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....

All for $35.00

Ok... I feel better now.
  2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

The customers always right...?
  3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

A1 i think it's time for a cold one my friend :drinkup:

And your not alone i've had thos people too and when i leave the prop i'm sayin to my self yeah i got your D*mn weed go blow it out yor ***:realmad:
  4. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

At least they arent like my customers that ask me after i have everything loaded up and am hopping into the truck:mad:
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like someone needs to be drop kicked to the curb for good.
  6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

That would be my thoughts too.
  7. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Sounds like your life is about to take on a new dimension of misery. If you are going to keep her, go up drastically on your price and justify it by explaining to her that nit-picking costs.
  8. Willis

Willis LawnSite Member

I'll agree with rodfather.
  9. Haley Lawn Care

Haley Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from NC

The customer is always wrong---I think.

David :D :rolleyes:
  10. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

thank god i lost one of my PITA customers this season, no more "you missed that spec of grass over there" or "i don't think it really needs to be mowed" when it was due for a cut 2 days ago in reality.

Next season I'm dropping my next PITA, a lovely indian family who has a tendency of not paying bills... (ain't that a surprise).

Before i couldn't afford to turn work away, but now I'm picking my customers, they ain't picking me.