Did you mow after chemlawn came?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eho, May 20, 2005.

1. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

Hey guys, on wednesday I was doing my regular wednesday lawns( all on the south side of town about 20 minutes away from my house, yet they are all close to each other) and one of my customers had a Chemlawn sign in the yard that said" stay off grass til dry" The customers were not home and the grass appeared dry. I am only in this part of town on a certain day of the week and I am scheduled to do this lawn on a certain day. Unless I hear from them, I plan on mowing. How many times have yall seen those signs still in the yard a few days after chemlawn has come and the customers just dont take them out of the yard. Simple point was I wasnt told not to mow, so I mowed like normal. Today that guy called saying that chemlawn had been there and I mowed anyway? He said he understands my choice and wasnt mad at me. Does this happen to you? What would yall do? Especially since these are on the other side of town that I have a specific day for, I had to do it. If you re scheduled to mow, call me and make different arrangments
    EHO

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a trailer full of those flags. My clients NEVER pick them up. I would just mow it. Not your problem!!!

3. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

If I walk on the lawn and my shoes stay dry, I assume the appliction (if there was a recent one) is indeed dry. Put the signs in the trash bucket and mow away.

Jim

4. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I mow over the signs and ignore them. I hate chemlawn.

5. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Chemical Lawn...... :dizzy: What a bunch of "idiots". :cool2:

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Simple. I DON'T mow lawns that Chem Lawn services. Period

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I usually don't worry about when they spread their granular fertilizer. Around here every application company I've ever had the displeasure of cutting behind hits the lawns with Pre-em in February and then fertilizes with granular monthly whether it needs it or not. TG/CL has some of the best growing weeds around. I have a customer who I switched up to a twice a week cutting 2 weeks ago. Mow, blow and go on Monday at a reduced rate and full service on Friday.

8. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I almost always mow it. If I see them pulling away, then there is a surcharge for coming back.

9. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

As a reverse role I have had them pull up and start spaying as I was mowing.

10. affordableyardcare

affordableyardcare LawnSite Member

I was at one of my jobs when chemlawn showed up and they told me to go ahead and cut right after they applied there colored water what a joke!!!!