Did you see the latest edition of Turf?????????????

Discussion in 'LawnSite.com/TURF Magazine e-Reports' started by LouisianaLawnboy, May 22, 2009.

1. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

by this logical thinking we should be using horse and buggy...a sickle and a scythe to cut our grass...

Any time a new technology comes out there is some waste when production starts, but as the production become more widespread, new methods come about to increase efficiency and reduce pollution and unwanted by-products of production. Just like when someone starts a landscape business they start small, and as they grow and become more efficient, they have less waste. whether it be time, plants, mulch, ect.
  2. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys that believe in global warming honestly believe we should change our mowers or cars/trucks just because the earth is going through a warming cycle? Just because this so happens to be a warming cycle and we now have engines that pollute we are to blame? Al Gore is laughing all the way to the bank....:hammerhead:
  3. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, that's stupid, I went out side and burned it, I also started the Toro and let it run while I washed my car............also had some old gas/oil mix...........walked down the road pouring it along the crack of the payment.......works better that Round-Up...........

Maybe Gore got to Turf???????:confused:
  4. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

one thing I would like to add,

What the he!! does the gubberment do with all the fines/penalties, ect that they collect? Find more ways to get more money? All any of this does is make stuff more expensive....it does not stop anything.:hammerhead:

and speakin of Al Gore.....that idiots house(s) takes more energy than how many 21" mowers?:dizzy:
  5. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I was a little taken aback by the article. It seemed like a big commercial for that mowing company. They seemed to have all homeowner black and decker equipment. I bet it takes a long time to trim around a house with that little electric string trimmer. How do they edge, with the same electric string trimmer (have you ever seen a homwowner do this? Its brutal).

If I was using that stuff I would have to charge quadruple for a 1/4 acre lawn. Not going to fly in my areas.
  6. Paul's LC

Paul's LC LawnSite Member

where do they think the energy comes from to charge those hustler mowers?? the burning of fossil fuels id guess..electricity is not always the answer!
  7. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

NO! I can't believe you don't that when horses pass gas, that is harmful to the enviroment. If everyone rode a horse just think of the effect.

Anyway the guy should be riding one of those Prius or smart cars.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I am sorry but for those who think global warming is a joke that spew is no
    better than Turf's dissing on us.
  9. S.I.

S.I. LawnSite Senior Member
    from west

Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did make up 'global warming'
  10. looonman

looonman LawnSite Member

I noticed the change in the magazine. I wonder if it has something to do with David Cassidy not being the editor now?