1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Did you use a Grasshopper?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dcramer, Sep 23, 2006.

1. dcramer

dcramer LawnSite Member

Seems like Grasshopper isn't a favorite on Lawn Care Trailers like they use to be. Who uses one or many still and how do you like them? Pros and Cons? I use a 721 25HP / 52inch Deck. I like the power but the cut seems not as good as it use to be.
  2. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

I think we dont see as many GH's because Z's have gotten alot better and use 1/2 of the trailer space.
    Z's have a big advantage on tight residential work, and many of them are far cheaper than a GH out-front.
    I dont know why Grasshoppers mid-mounts are not talked about much here.
    Maybe eXmark, Toro, Gravely and the rest grabbed a big chunk of the Z market before GH responded to the change, I dunno, just a theory.

I used to run a GH and liked it a whole bunch.
  3. S. Helwig

S. Helwig LawnSite Member

I run a GH 722D with a 61" deck and I love it. l'll by another as soon as I grow my business a little bit more. It's fast powerfull and I have no problem with the cut. It does take up a little more room on the trailer though. And for sure the next addition I make will have a diesel as well. Very economical to operate...
  4. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

My grandpa has a grasshopper 722D it is so sweet. He has a dump from the seat bagger.It leaves a nice stripe and cut. I was very impressed.
  5. LawnscapesUnlimited

LawnscapesUnlimited LawnSite Member

I have a 2006 322D 61" mid mount and that thing is a tank good on fuel a
    good cut. A little more money than the rest but yall know the saying you get
    what you pay for:cool2: