Didn't know what to tell the customer...

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Jon99, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

First off, I do not touch chemicals... I landed an account with a marina, mowing their property that they have maintained themselves for years.. Part of their property is a 45 degree slope, 8 feet wide thats runs for several hundred feet around the marina itself, which I am obviously not real tickled to be messing with.. She asked if their was something to spray on it that would be enviormentally safe since runoff would be into the marina.. This appears to be all weeds and rock, to total kill would be ok.. If she could get someone to spray this, it would save me a lot of crap work..

2. sprayman73703

sprayman73703 LawnSite Member

If she can find a licensed applicator. There are certain versions of Glyphosate (roundup) that are labled for use near water. It is basically Roundup at a lower percent AI than your standard 41%. And different use rates on the label.

3. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

Try Scythe or another Organic Product called burn-out

4. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Diaquate? But better have a license.

5. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have a license, but they asked if they could spray it instead.. I am hoping they can so I don't have to bust my butt a few times this year string trimming it.. If this is something they can do themselves, I will tell them that.. If its touchy I will tell them to contact someone to spray it..