DIDN'T miss the Barbie

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Chuck Smith, Sep 30, 2000.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I made it there. We got lost on the way for about an hour. Amazing we were only about 5 minutes away the whole time. Just kept driving in circles. Too many one way streets, LOL. We finally did make it, and had a good time. Got to see the Hiniker C plow in action. Had a good look at the Curtis plow that Miketec brought, and was very impressed. Got to meet John Parker, and to FINALLY meet Dino!(plowking35) He even had Brian (Diceman942)with him. I don't know why, but Brian reminds me of Sam Kinnison...
    Got to meet Bryan Krois (snow)too, and check out his pics.
    Met a bunch of guys from here. BRL was there, and so was ADM Services. It was good to just chit chat with everyone.
    John, thanks for the samples of Magic, can't wait to try it out. Hope you like The Snowplowing Handbook I gave you. Let me know what you think about it. Remember, it's for someone just starting out in the biz.

Hopefully Bryan (snow) will get the pictures he took there today developed soon, and you can all see what you missed.

I think everyone kept a civil tongue as far as product bashing....

I did overhear a VENDOR actually bashing THIS FORUM, which really lowered MY opinion of him. I'm not mentioning any names, but I think it was unfair of him, considering WE are the reason he was there today. I'm glad there are som many othervendors to buy plows and parts from. I better shut up before I say too much, if I haven't already... it just really ticked me off.

John has a first class operation there, and I'm glad I had a chance to see it first hand.

I'm sure I'll add more to this thread. Just wanted to say the first of these BBQ's was a success.

~Chuck

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

Don't all reply at once now! ;)

~Chuck

3. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Wish I'd been there.

4. Alan

Alan Member

My son and I made it, got some interest in the urethane edge we had on one of our plows. Met a bunch of folks from online, which is always nice. Still can't get over the "snow panic" that pervades operations just a few hours south of us. Sure is nice for you guys who deal with it though. Since it's "scary" you can definately get away with charging more.

5. ADMServices

ADMServices LawnSite Member

For those of you that were at the BBQ know that my WIFE and I were able to make the trip.

I want to thank John Parker for his hospitality and all of the time he spent organizing the event. We had a great time meeting everyone and talking about our biz.

John, I know how tired I was after the event. You must have wanted to collapse at the end of the day !

For those of you that have never been to NY, it is beautiful. It's amazing how long you can drive down the same road and not see any signs of civilization. Where did all of the gas stations go?

Many Thanks,

Andy
    ADM Services

6. snow

snow Guest

what was the deal andy? i can't believe no one saw my badge on that said "snow" and then bryan under it. i was the one with the table that had the strobe light going.

Bryan

7. ADMServices

Was that your strobe Tiffany (my wife) picked up?? I am sorry I didn't get to shake your hand and meet you properly. I guess I missed your badge. Did you notice our shirts (ADM).

Andy

8. snow

snow Guest

i noticed your shirts and the leather jacket. you left before the lawnsite crew came (chuck, chucks brother, dino and brian). I'm actually a dealer for Nova strobes, so i thought that having a light going off might attract some attention.

Bryan

[Edited by ChucksChevyPages on 10-03-2000 at 03:52 AM]

9. ADMServices

Sorry that we missed the other lawnsite guys. We got to Johns pretty early and consequently left a little early. Had to hit some Antique shops for my wife for makeing here talk about plows and salt for 5 hours. HAHA I am sure we will all get togeather again.

10. n y snow pros

n y snow pros LawnSite Senior Member

I just wanted to say thank you to all those who could attend the get together in Poughkeepsie.It was nice to meet all of you.Thanks for the book Chuck i have started to read it and i bet you will do well with it.Next tear it will be bigger and better i am sure.
    John Parker