Didnt take a client cuase i wont cut at 2"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by birddseedd, Apr 23, 2013.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

I was at i want to say 4 inches last year max. but that was in a drought. it kept the grass green much longer than anyone else. 2.5 to 3 is good

2. mowinginva

mowinginva LawnSite Senior Member

Same here. I normally cut at 3", but if someone wants 2.5", I can do that. I have one customer's yard I cut at 2".

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

noone has st. aug in my area.

2" isn't really scalping. some mowers go down to 3/4".

4. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Yes. Nobody has ever even mentioned a height. No schools, though.

5. birddseedd

green mowers could be measured in millimeters

6. TFLE

TFLE LawnSite Senior Member

I've been mowing this lady's grass for close to ten years... and as a matter of fact had the neighbor as a customer for a couple months while his house was on the market. I just hate when a customer argues with me or tells me whats best so I've given up, I just do what they want and if the check clears that's cool with me. I don't want anymore work really, I'm tapped out. I mow from sun up to sun down 6 days a week, so if the neighbor doesnt want me , screw him, I never have to worry about getting work.

And this lady wasn't going to sue me, it's a terribly unhealthy lawn. That was 5 years ago and I still do it. Point is I cut it low like she wants it, looks decent, but when I say it's not a good idea, it's not a good idea.

7. APLUS LAWN CARE

APLUS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from North Missouri

I pretty much mow at whatever height people request. I have some clients that want me to mow high and some clients that want me to mow low. I have a client that has me mow at 4" and another client that has me mow at 2.5". As long as I know it will not kill the grass, I do what the client wants.

8. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I've mowed for 100's of different clients and never once has anyone ever requested a specific height. Odd. I wonder why that is? I've never asked them outright what they want, though. I've had people request bi-weekly....never a specific height.

9. birddseedd

did I mention this guys lawn looks like crap?

my contract States I chose the height

10. ryanc

ryanc LawnSite Member

Why don't u just cut it 2 inches for him and make him happy, then change it for your other customers
    Posted via Mobile Device