Didnt take a client cuase i wont cut at 2"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by birddseedd, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Here I'm cutting most of my yards at 2". Bermuda is the normal here with some just regular ole pasture trash grass but looks purdycwhen when cut low. I don't get above 3" ever.

2. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

Whats your price difference on a 25 dollar cut with and without edging?

3. jgrs7

jgrs7 LawnSite Member

its neat to see the pricing difference between the north and south. we don't have a contract that we do for less then $200 that's 4 cuts a month and that's a small yard. $20 per cut is crazy even if there is little fuel cost.

4. greenstar lawn

greenstar lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on how mulch edging there is. But I edge every property once a week.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

This would have been the perfect opportunity to point out on a map that Kalamazoo is NOT in "Cali".

California is on the left. Michigan is on the right. Cut the grass at the height that is best for where it is, not where the customer is from. Sheesh.

[​IMG]

6. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

A southern thing? A professional thing? Also I couldn't get away with only engine every 2 or 3 services. Also, .50/foot? Just give a price. The price is for the whole lawn
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

You have to understand that he's still a green horn. He went from "chicken feed to birdseed. LOL Anyone can be "book smart" but nothing beats "on hands" experience.

8. birddseedd

Everyone that I have watched give an estimate for it and every local company i have called to get a price from for a baseline has said .50 per foot

9. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Just implies that for nothing per foot, you won't edge
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. birddseedd

Thanks for what appears to be an insult. but before you get cocky, perhaps you should come up here and take a look at some of the lawns. even the devisser lawns which is a bigger company than just about anyone who has ever visited this site. people up here dont edge.

mainly because its fiscuse and kbg which do not grow over the pavement as much as southern grasses. but still. its something that i have not once seen companies doing on a regular basis.