Didnt think it could have happened to me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guthrie&Co, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

Well i acruired a new account just over the summer from a new install. We were talking care of the mowing maintance. The installer had overseeded the account and then homeowner called and asked that i stay off the yard for 2 weeks. so i did just as they asked me to and just this past weeeknd i went by the yard(2weeks were just up) and the yard had been mowed. so i called and they tell me that she had the neighborhood kid bag the yard for them scince it was so tall. boy i was pissed! so needless to say i dropped the account right on the spot.

2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Go go scaby boy!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Guthrie&Co

from nc

I was just about to put them on a service agreement that covers all of the issues regarding other contractors coming in etc etc. i guess i wasnt fast enough. by the way scabyscapes is not a reflection of my work or true business name. that would be career suicide!

4. Guthrie&Co

from nc

i couldnt belive she had it bagged right after it was seeded. i hope he bagged every bit of fertilizer up and what seed was left.

5. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

even little bobby g down the street needs to work occasionally. i drop people like that, too, unless they pay regular price for my unnecessary trip to their yard.

6. Guthrie&Co

from nc

well i had made 3 trips to the yard on this past cycle. 2 i mowed and the other i pulled weeds and edged and weeded in a few places. so i billed for 3 visits. she marks through it and pays only for 2 and states that they yard had only been mowed twice.

7. Brianslawn

send her a bill for the difference stating that it is now past due and will be turned over to collections if not paid by x day. or else tell her you will be glad to return the merchendise removed from the flower bed and the rest of a 20' trailer full of grass and leaves. :realmad:

olddebts.com
    clientcheck.net

sell her credit report on ebay to compensate for your lost wages... :p

8. Guthrie&Co

from nc

i might send her another bill but i dont want to burn the bridge. 45 bucks isnt worth the bad mouthing and trash talking

9. Brianslawn

tell her to pay that 45 bucks isnt worth the bad mouthing and trash talking.

take a charitable contribution tax write off for $45 at the end of the year. dont forget 5% COLA increase next year. make up for it that way. still put her on clientcheck. the people you list dont get notified that theyre listed unless you send letter. if that site gets real popular, a lot of people will be learning to do home and yard chores themselves.