Died And Gone To Hades!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TotalLawn, Jul 18, 2001.

1. TotalLawn

TotalLawn LawnSite Member

Today was yet another 100+ day. Heat index of 115 and Weather guys call for "HEAT ADVISORIES". Tomorrow is gonna be the SAME!! I even had one cust. come out today & I could have swore that he was Satan himself. We have got to be getting close to a record consecutive 100+ days this early in the year. Last year was like 21 day. But that was in August.
    No rain in sight. I need to move to Canada!! It's cooler in the dessert in NV (85 high yesterday at my brothers house).

2. Calvin

Calvin Banned
    from Ontario

"I need to move to Canada"

It's not exactly the arctic up here. We get alot +90 days with killer humidity in Toronto. That's in Canada ya know.

Americans:rolleyes:

3. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I feel for you guys in the mid west. I have been watching the weather and can't even imagine it. We get bad humidity here too but I am by Lake Mi so its cooler here. try not to melt:)

4. TotalLawn

TotalLawn LawnSite Member

I can handle the heat for a little while. But it gets old after a while(1 month straight of 100+ or very close). Just wish we'd get a little brake from it.

5. Jay ALC

Jay ALC LawnSite Member

We seem to be hovering around 100 + or - but the humidity is ridiculous and the heat indexes have been around 114 for the past few days and are suppose to continue to be terrible. The heat can be a killer, we have been starting at 6:00 - 6:30 in the morning mowing commercials and then being done by 2-3.

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Today we had a high temperature in central CT of 76 degrees with light winds and humidity at 56% (dewpoint 59).

Cant get better cutting weather than that.

7. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

cool and breezy here

8. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

Satan lives in Detroit but does have a summer place in Tulsa.

9. It's no picanic here in St. Louis eather

it's been bouncing up and down

we get 1 day it' 71 and the next it's 97

I would rather have one steady temp than be so eratick

by the way Brian see you Friday in KY>