1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Diesel Fuel Cost_ Out Of Control!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, Oct 25, 2007.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Diesel has jumped from $3.19 to $3.29 in 4 days. When is this disgrace going to stop? How can we turn profits at these fuel rates ?

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

3.39 Here What Fun
  3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

thank god its at the end of thr season..
  4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Are you using off road for your tractor and such? That helps a little!
    Glad my truck is a gasser!
  5. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

It will end when we start using our own oil and gas supplies.
  6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

$3.05 per gallon here. 87 octane = $2.74 per gallon now. I get two mpg better with 87 octane vs ethynol which is cheaper at $2.64.
  7. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

I never look at the prices. Have to pay it anyways. My gas truck and gas equipment ALWAYS get 93 premium. My diesel has a 40gal tank; a $0.40 increase is only a $16 increase for a fillup. I'm sure I can snake an extra $16 minimum from one of my customers if I had to.
  8. loom-gen

loom-gen LawnSite Member

My theory...
    Diesel is what every piece of equipment in the military uses, from motocycles to non nuclear ships. When the war slows down diesel prices will drop.
    I have a gas truck and a diesel truck. The price of either decides the one I use that day.
  9. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

ships use heavy crude mostly, but diesel and aircraft fuel area close realitives
  10. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

There is no more off road fuel here in ma, all fuel is taxed now. I had some business up north in maine yesterday, diesel is $3.37 on interstate rt. 95!