Diesel fuel price gap is closing quickly

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by nosparkplugs, Jul 6, 2008.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Just filled my truck up diesel is 4.48 gallon :clapping::clapping::clapping: Diesel is cheaper or at the most 41 cents more depending on where you live

2. phlandscaping

phlandscaping LawnSite Member

It's still alot more expensive than it should be! I can't wait 'til it gets to where I can go back to driving it and saving money on fuel!

3. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Still $.80+ more in upstate NY....:cry: :usflag:

4. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Over $.50 more a gallon here.

5. nosparkplugs

The prices of local diesel here fluctuate as much as 60 cents depending on the stations. Locally Wal-Mart/ Murphy's' Oil USA has the most stable diesel prices. I hate to say this, but as gasoline prices rise diesel prices comes down?, and theirs really no logical explanation for this trend. You have got to shop around for diesel, living in the delta I can drive to three states within 30 miles so I am lucky in that.

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Diesel fuel is 5.62 a gallon here for my F-450 100 dollars fills the tank half full if I run it down close to empty it would be atleast 190 dollars to fill it.

7. nosparkplugs

Thats crazy money, sorry to hear that:cry:

8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Its only going to get higher this summer :cry:

9. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Diesel is $5.30 here in Hawaii, regular is $4.36. But I get 16MPG in a 2008 Ram 3500 CTD. I hear many tales of woe from guys running gas. Yes it costs them a dollar less per gallon, but they are filling up 2 or 3 times in 7 days, while I am filling once during the week.

10. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Diesel fuel is much cheaper to produce than gas. It's a great injustice for diesel owners as they have more expenses elsewhere.