Diesel gurus are you there?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Craftybigdog, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Well my question is I have a Dixie with a 26hp yanmar diesel with a 72 inch deck and it seems to bog down on me is there anyway to tweek the injectior pump to get more power out of it because right now its really disappointing, thanks!
  2. sdwally

sdwally LawnSite Senior Member

Yes there is, however, big brother levies huge fines against a shop, manager, and mechanic for making adjustments above factory specs. It is also not wise to make any adjustments, unless you really know what you are doing. Engine lifespan can be greatly reduced by increasing fuel supply to the cylinders.
    Biggest lost of power can be from dirty air filters and fuel filters. Most diesel engines will have a vacuum gauge in the air intake system to help moniter your air filter. If not I would install one if possible.
  3. Craftybigdog

Well its brand new with 12 hours on it and other people say there is great Im sure all the filters are clean Im just running out of ideas thanks!
  4. Ricky

Ricky LawnSite Member

Not a guru but I have the 26 hp on a 60". It has more power than it did when it was new. It bogged a little going up a hill when I first got it. I also run dbls. now :)
  5. crawford_darrel

crawford_darrel LawnSite Member
    from NE Iowa

As a general rule if the machine is new, give it a chance to "run in". If you think there is a problem the first thing is to change filters, always! Even if it is new change the filters.
  6. Craftybigdog

Well guys found out what was wrong the rear of the deck is lower than the front so that was causing it to lag down so when I adjust it I will let you know
  7. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

this motor wont be broken in until about 100 hrs then all parts will work tegether and make power in a simple harmony.