Diesel Hits $4.50 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, May 11, 2008.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Its just a matter of time now until the truckers pull over and shut down their rigs! You will see the cost of diesel drop big time, when commerce comes to standstill in this country!
  2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

It is $4.40 here in Hawaii. I agree, it is only a matter of time before putting surcharges on diesel and subsidizing the price of gasoline comes around and bites everyone. I never agreed with making gas cheaper than what it actually costs and encouraging gas guzzlers.
  3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yo Guys

The old 3rd world is now the new Industrial Age Giant. Our Politician's and Corporate America has sold our country down the river all in the name of greed. We are no longer the bread basket of the world. The USA one time agriculture giant in now 3rd in Fertilizer usage behind # 2 Brazil and # 1 China. Argentine Beef has been supplying world markets for a long time now. Ask yourself "When was the last time you bought something made entirely in America???" Don't answer tomatoes because they are grown with Chlordane in Latin America.

Looking closer to home. The Gulf of Mexico off the Florida Coast is actually oozing cruel oil for years from large untouched pool of oil. China in conjunction with Cuba is slant drilling for that oil the GREEN PEOPLE and BIG OIL won't let us touch. Google Gull Island Oil and Prudhoe Bay Oil. What about Montana and North Dakota oil?? And the list of smaller oil fields inside this country goes on.

No great power has ever been developed or maintained by GLOBALIZATION It was COLONALIZATION that made every world power in the History of man.
  4. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

well said ric.most freight companys put a fuel surcharge on freight now......this will make price of goods go up and keep going up...hell 2 weeks ago we had a 18% price increase in brake drums that was over one weekend if diesel goes up more i am sure we will see more.........

its funny you talk about drilling for oil down in south florida..my parnets moved down here in 1973 b/c my dad drilled for oil down here..drilled for oil in the everglands and drilled for oil in immokalee....the one day in the mid to early 80's everything was shut down and he lost his job.........i think the powers to be need to sit down and do some hard thinking.......the goverment is cutting jobs what about cutting foreign aid? lets not do that lets put an american out of work b/c we don't have the money b/c its being sent over seas.....
  5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

It was the mid 80's when Oil prices were down to $ 35 a barrel. Houston was a Ghost Town and the whole country was just coming out of a recession. Big Oil was hit late in that recession and East Texas & Louisiana Big Oil weren't hit until the late Mid 80's.

Yep I got Screwed out of Mineral rights in the Mid 80's Oil shut down because of Low prices. I owned 100 Acres (Flood Land) in Louisiana that I grew hay on. Hay be very very good to me. But the Well being drilled with in sight of my land was Mysteriously shut down right after we had a lot of oil mist in the air that ruined a crop of hay. I retired from the State of Louisiana in 1987 and moved back to Florida I held the Mineral rights until 2002 when they passed to the new owner under Louisiana law. I sold on land contract because interest rates where at a all time high then. The property remained in my name for 5 years under a balloon type contract. A former owner can only hold mineral rights for 10 years. However if a Mineral is harvested during that time the Mineral rights stay mine. To my Knowledge they are not pumping from the Tuscaloosa Trend which was under my property as of now.

BTW I have a relative now retired from Exxon after 31 years in a management position. I know of several large pools of oil in this country. I am sure he knows more than he tells.
  6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

its sad that thats what it might take but along with diesel even my gas trucks and equipment are making me hurt almost as bad as my diesels
  7. moores

moores LawnSite Member
    from RI

yea this is getting way out of hand diesel 4.59 here in RI

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

When was the last time you bought something made entirely in America???

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

With how much slower diesel burns than gasoline it's still about a dollar cheaper per gallon when you do the math. I know it does still suck ass.
  10. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

but anything you buy with a diesel engine in it cost more then the gas version...