Diesel or Gas

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Green Team Landscaping, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys.I need some input on which type of truck to get in my situation. When I get a truck, I would only be driving it to and from schoolwhich is about 30 minutes away(1/3 highway), and other than that just around town to friends houses and for work. Which would make more sense? i knowdiesels get better gas mileage, but the fuel prices for them are much higher. Also, if I got a diesel with the extra power it would be nice to win a pulloff against my friends 3/4 ton. Oh i almost forgot, I would be towing around 2 52" mowers, and your typical landscaping equipment on hopefully a 16' trailer, and other than that I would be pulling trailer full of mulch. I would be open to a 1500 v8, but I would relly like to have that 2500 power.

2. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

All you need is a gasser. Thats more than enough for your use.

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Yeh diesel would be over kill. But im not one to talk cuz i really dont need a diesel. I just love em. Theyre fun to make fast!

4. Green Team Landscaping

K. Sounds good. What would make me need a diesel?

5. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Needing to tow heavy stuff.

6. Green Team Landscaping

Hahahahaha. Stupid question, but what do those diesel performance places actually do to your truck to make them faster and more powerful? I never really understood.

7. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

More fuel and more air! The cummins is a great platform for more power. New turbo, injectors, fuel pump, and trans and your gold. It doesnt take much. Powerstroke and duramaxs have come along way to.

8. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

I could go on for hours....

9. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

If you have a genuine interest and a real appreciation for Diesel engines, and have the funds to purchase a diesel-powered truck, then go for it!

If you've got some decent funds rolling in from your business, and have the duckie$ to fuel that monster, then I say, "Go For It!" But, make sure you run that engine. Diesel engines don't like to be show-boated. Another words, you've got to put a load on that beast every so often.

Otherwise, stick with good ole GASSER. :eek:

10. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

TP we need pics of that truck buddy! Where you been hiding it?!