Diesel performance

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jones68, Mar 19, 2014.

1. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

Let's talk diesel performance. Egr dpf deletes, tuners, injectors, studs, springs, plates, ect. What all do you guys have done? I don't have much done to my 12 valve cummins but I do have the fuel plate slid, upgraded waste gate, exhaust, and intake. Just picked up a 6.4 powerstroke and have the deletes and tuner ready to order once I get some money built back up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. aird208

aird208 LawnSite Member

What tuner are you putting on the 6.4? I've got the h&s mini max with 5" downpipe back exhaust on mine.

3. jones68

H&s is pretty much done for now the EPA cracked down on them. Some rumors they may try to move up north but nothing solid. I'm going to be doing some digging before I buy something else I want the mini max but prices have sky rocketed since **** hit the fan
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. jones68

It will be the sinister diesel egr delete when it's time though 5" flo-pro stainless exhaust
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Mark13

Mark13 LawnSite Member

I'm mostly stock on my 06 LBZ Duramax.
    Efi-Live with a DSP5 switch
    DiamondEye Aluminized 4" exhaust with no tip
    AirDog II 165gph lift pump
    BD Full Bore Drivers side exhaust manifold
    Edge Insight with EGT Probe for my gauges
    TransGo Jr shift kit and Kodiak extra capacity pan.
    Transfer Case Brace and Pump Rub plate
    I need new leaf springs and traction bars, maybe a project for this spring.

I'm the lone Duramax guy out of my friends, couple cummins trucks and a ton of powerstrokes.
    Mostly all are still daily drivers and work trucks. A good friend has a p-pumped 24v that's his play toy and there's also a couple friends with 700-1200hp Duramax, Cummins, and Powerstroke truck's that really make me realize how tame and slow my truck is.

6. Shorelandscaper

Shorelandscaper LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Afe air intake, 4 inch turbo back exhaust with 5 inch tip, egr delete and custom tune by Stroked Diesel in Leonardtown MD

7. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I have 2 6.5's hahahahaha people don't think performance is possible with it, but I plan on using a cummins turbo off of a 24 valve to lower egt's drastically, heath cam, heath e-torq programmer, arp head studs, and water / methanol injection. I should be in the 500hp range and 800-900 ft of torque.

8. Mark13

Mark13 LawnSite Member

That's total for both 6.5's correct?

9. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

One. Penisular marine makes them 300 hp stock and has made a 600hp 6.5 boat motor. If do everything heath has you should would be at 450hp-500hp without water / meth injection. Water meth is 100hp-250hp increase depending on the system and lowers your egts drastically.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Mark13

Mark13 LawnSite Member

If you're starting with a completely different motor and lotsa $$ I suppose it's possible. I figured you were starting with a factory GM 6.5 motor that would have came in either of the trucks you have.