Diesel performance

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jones68, Mar 19, 2014.

1. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Thanks! I actually bought it in Chicago, its has 49k on it.

2. Mark13

Mark13 LawnSite Member

For tunes, Look at getting tunes from Matt at Gearhead. Several friends have run DP in the past on their 7.3's and after various problems have switched to Matt's tunes. Night and day difference.

TS Style chip with a wide variety of options.

3. S-205

from Ontario

I'll definitely look into that! Do you know what kinds of issues they had with the DP tunes?

How's your truck running Mark?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Mark13

Mark13 LawnSite Member

I can't speak for all of them but I knew a couple were kinda smokey and switching tunes really changed how the truck drove. With the gear head tunes they say the smoke is pretty much gone even under WOT (some of them are manual trucks as well), also the truck is very smooth no matter what tune you are running.

Mine is doing pretty well, got it switched back over to summer mode the other day and been towing my gooseneck around. I have to put my L tank back in once the paint on it dries and switch my wheels/tires and I'm ready for nice weather.

5. igotdiesel2

igotdiesel2 LawnSite Member

I am the oddest person in the the diesel world. I had a 2001 Dodge 2500 QC 4X4 short box from 2001 to 2011. The only mods to that truck was muffler delete and a custom open air intake. Now I have a E1999 F250 CC 4X4 short box and the only mods I have done to that truck is 4" Diamond Eyes turbo back no muffler exhaust and a AIS intake. I have also changed the rims and tires and put a soft cover over the bed. -Jason

11825_47.jpg.jpeg

6. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I have a LML Duramax, only thing I've done to it so far was fill it up with fuel the other day. :)

7. S-205

from Ontario

What size and kind of tires did you do?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Grant11

Grant11 LawnSite Senior Member

2001 6 Speed Cummins :usflag: Edge Comp, BHAF, 4" MBRP, 150 Horse Sticks, Raptor lift pump, Southbend Dual Disc Clutch.

zzzz 1969284_815850445096570_524951290_n.jpg

9. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

This is my kinda thread. Love me some diesel performance. For starters, my 2000 cummins has an edge comp, 100hp injectors, DD clutch 5 speed, exhaust brake, and 4" exhaust. My 96 cummins has all the normal free afc work, timing advanced, and a 5" exhaust; the auto trans has already been built to handle 700hp so I have injectors, studs, and compounds planned for it this summer - s475 over stocker. The 99 7.3 6 speed has been stock up to this point, but a superchips flashpaq is en route. I'm hoping that turns the truck on; it's a dog right now.

Anyone know of anyway to get some performance out of my 5.2l isuzu???

10. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Ya add fuel and air hahahahha I would imagine there are programmers for them somewhere assuming it is electronic injection.
    Posted via Mobile Device