Diesel Super Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Lawnworks, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Has anybody bought one yet? What are dealers selling them for? I would ask my dealer, but I don't want him to get the idea I am even thinking of buying another mower, or I will never hear the end of it.

2. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'm still waiting to see one. Local dealer is supposed to call me if the sales rep brings a demo through this area. I have a new sabre tooth with the 31hp turbo charged vanguard. The local John Deere dealer has the new 997 with the 31hp yanmar and I got to ride it around the parking lot. Felt pretty smooth, but you can't really tell anything until you can cut some grass on you own property's. Don't know how it will do on slopes as it sets even higher than my exmark.

3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

turbocharged vanguard? how many hours have you had on that unit? Is that a midmount mower?

4. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, its a Scag Sabre Tooth Tiger with the Briggs Vanguard 3 cylinder liguid cooled turbo-charged diesel. Same engine as exmarks 27hp diesel without the turbo. I just got it in January. I've put 3 hours on it making adjustments to linkages and deck pitch etc.