1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Diesel Walkbehind does exist!! lol

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ketron'sLawnService, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Ketron'sLawnService

Ketron'sLawnService LawnSite Member

Well, i found it, a diesel walkbehind commercial mower! I am also in the import business. For winter months i work online selling imported goods. So i went to a board i normally go to find manufactures in china and searched for lawn mowers. TONS of companies have riding mowers, tractors, even bulldozers made in china. I did find one company that has basically copied a scag, bunton, lesco, etc....belt drive walk behind. It's a 14.5HP 48" deck with your choice of a gas or diesel motor, haha. Check it out here...Diesel Walk Behind . Now i know that everyone is just going to run out and have one shipped over from china, haha.....but.....a small diesel motor on walk behinds i think WILL eventually happen here the way fuel prices are going. Who knows, even a diesel trimmer? A backpack model with a flexible cable shaft??? I bet that already exists too, haha. Oh well, just thought i would show you guys what i found last night.
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

4. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

A diesel trimmer is not possible, mainly cause that requires a few things that cannot be intergrated into a 2 stroke, yet. Jonsered made a diesel chainsaw, WAY back in the 50s, and it was weak as crap.

BTW, I like those chinese copies, even though I dont like chinese stuff in general. they dont look too bad to me.
  5. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

2 stroke diesels have been around a long time.
  6. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Detroit Diesel perfected the two stroke diesel engine years ago. All of the -71 series engines were/are two stroke design.
  7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

The huge diesals in boats and trains are two stroke. Every 2 stroke diesal I have ever seen has been turbocharged.
  8. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

9. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Prolly one of those cheapo jobs where they take a spark plug out, insert injector nozzle and add a injection pump. Seems odd to me, how they say 14.5 hp gas or diesel? Wouldnt the diesel be a different hp.
  10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

whats the price of the diesel model?