1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

diesel walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by warburton-mcdonald, Nov 25, 2009.

1. warburton-mcdonald

warburton-mcdonald LawnSite Member

why don't they make a diesel walkdehind mower ?
  2. Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare LawnSite Member

Good question. Maybe one reason could be weight?
  3. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Why do people ask this question on here ten million time a year? Weight and cost thats why.
  4. z71tiger

z71tiger LawnSite Senior Member

Why do people have to be assholes and act like they own this site and know everything? Can't people ask questions on here without a prick having some smart ass comment?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

Unfortunately, it gets worse as winter progresses.

However, some suffer from a condition called Rectal-Cranial Inversion(RCI)....
    It's when they have their head, so far up their ass, their own heart beats it to death!
  6. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Search people search! :) Guess it did sound mean, didn't mean for it too :( . Sorry if I offended you warburton!
  7. warburton-mcdonald

warburton-mcdonald LawnSite Member

If its a weight issue why does a stander work ?
    If its cost, over the life of the mower v fuel,I would rather pay the extra on purchase.
  8. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

I have often wondered this and even thought about trying to fit a Yanmar 3cyl, 30hp diesel onto a WB frame, but it would have to be bigger than any WB today. Yes the cost would be more, but they offer diesel in ZTRs with a higher price and people buy them, why wouldnt they buy a diesel WB? And who cares about weight anyway?!! All my WBs are huge and weigh alot already, adding a little more weight wouldnt matter.
  9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i want a small 21 hp deisel stander. that would be great, i am sure someone with good fabrication skills could modify one to fit, think of the torque!
  10. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

LMAO, got to remember that one. Was that what my wife was telling me was wrong with me the other day when I wasn't listening.